- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Mike, Bastian, Manuel, Bailey, Keith, Gregory,
- Quorum: reached (6/9)
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Thomas, Ji Yong
- participating: PiratesOnAir,
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 15:06 UTC by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with (6 votes out of 9) board members present.
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: By Pirates on Air
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process:
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2021-12-08|
|Yes : Mike, Manuel, Bailey, Bastian, Keith, Gregory|
|No : -|
|Abstain : -|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)
- I attended the review and brainstorming session on Dec 11th, but it was only myself, Mike and Gregory who showed up. Since then I've been working on the pad we set up that day, summarizing our activity from the past year so that it can be sent out to our members for them add onto, whether it's feedback from these activities or ideas for next year. This will help with the board report too, which I plan to start working on over the next few days. I also attended Gregory's IGF talk as online moderator. Other than that, I've been working a lot this month so I haven't been able to do much else PPI related, but I have a lot of time between now and the GA since I just worked my last shift of the year. Still waiting on my passport. Also I don't think I will be attending the conference in New York next month, partially because I don't know if I'll have a passport by then but also we have more covid cases here than we have throughout the entire pandemic so I don't think it would be safe to travel anyway.
- attended the IGF, lot of people went by, like MEPs, from Denmark etc. A lot did not attend the IGF due to covid. In the overall it was a success.
- not present
- All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki - but it is old (Aug 31). Bank account access is hopefully on the way.
- Invoices for membership dues and 2018-2020 dues accounts are ready and will be sent out gradually.
- The lay auditors have received a copy of the quarterly reports - I have not yet received a response.
- I have been attending to PPI technology as I do every day.
- PPI-Nextcloud will be offering additional services in the near future with Nextcloud Office.
- All systems are running well.
- Not a lot of progress since the last meeting. I'm consulting with some teachers on my university regarding my RoP report so it can be of use not only for PPcl. The Chilean-Japanese Nuclear Investment report is also underway. I joined Bailey and Mauricio(from PPcl) at The Indignants show, talking mainly about the future possibilities for both Chile and PPcl.
- Asked some members (Czechs and Slovaks) to submit their GA delegates. So far only Germany, Catalonia and Russia sent names of theirs. I've listed them in the membership fees spreadsheet like last time. With your blessing I'll send out an e-mail to the rest of our members to sent us names. Also been at the Dec 11th meeting. Otherwise - have been at the IGF with Gregory. He already said everything about it. Also negotiating the cancellation policy with the Venuše venue in Prague; it seems full refund in case of cancellation due to any Czech covid regulation that will prevent us to make it in person will be possible. Czech Pirates have now been named to the government and took office. Did a couple posts on the topic. Public apology to Slim Amamou for the poor choice of words in one of them. Also some news on the Slovak situation: the "old" PPSK's NGO got disbanded by the government and due some infighting the "new" PPSK seems to be on its way to disband as well.
- not present
- I don't have a lot to report. We worked for a short bit on the UN reports. I am following up on whether they will accept our requests to speak, but there is no response.
- not present
- not present
- Ji Yong:
- nothing to report on the PPI front; I informed the Dutch Pirates about the GA. We're also heading for the municipal election in March.
- nothing to report
5.1 - Proposals
- Annotation: the board report should be prepared.
- Mike: Pad started here: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/january-2022-board-report-0t9j0qk
5.2 - Working Groups Update
- none as of today
5.3 Economic Update
- see above under board reports
- no updates
5.5 PPI HQ update
- Mike: Traditionally: waiting for Bailey's passport :-) Even though at this point it will be safer to submit the papers after the GA anyway, with current people, so no rush - you still have a week.
6 AOB - Any other business
- GA is coming up on January 8th and 9th. Not a lot of people have registered at this point and it appears that we do not have any statute amendments, motions or nominations submitted. Hopefully those will start coming in soon.
- Bailey: I'm a little scared no one is submitting proposals or nominations, nor sending us delegate names.
- Gregory: It's the time of the year and COVID - PPEU is in a very similar situation.
- Mike: I'll send out an e-mail (nominations and delegates) and force the Czechs to submit our nominations for the board and the CoA.
- Bastian: we need to prepare the GA, so an extra meeting to just prep it would be good (minutetakers, chair etc is needed)
- Proposal for Prep meeting Wednesday 5th, 15hrs UTC - so decided
- Hint from Keith: some issues can be discussed on discourse. Utilize it! https://ga.pp-international.net/c/ga-jan-2022/26
A discussion of our Board Report and other reports would be a good starting point.
- Mike: NYE Pirate Beer - all the way from New Zealand getting to 2022 first to American Samoa being the last. I'll create the FB event and add it to that e-mail for members.
- Next Meeting: Do we go with 3 weeks from now or let the new board decide?
- Consensus: the new board has to decide that.
- Meeting Closed: 15:56 UTC