From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 10.5.2022 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/DzNbeaNqZEWeiJL
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Alexander, Gregory, Keith, Mike
excused: Bailey
unexcused:
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members:
participating: Veronika, Bastian
excused:
unexcused:
Guests: PiratesOnAir, Joe (USPP)
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:09 UTC by Gregory Engels
Meeting chaired by Gregory Engels
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with (6 out of 9) board members present (incl. alternates and proxies)
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 14:09 UTC
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process:

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-04-19
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Keith, Bastian, Alexander
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Gregory
Result: minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members

Board

  • Bailey Lamon: not present
  • Gregory Engels: Lot of studying at the Brussels school. Currently selecting a topic for the MA thesis. Did some meetings with Bailey and Bastian since last time. Just general administrative work. I registered Carlos, Svein and myself for the WTO event.
  • Mike Gill: I applied to the AHCECICCUICTCP meeting in Vienna. I'm still working on the statutes ammendments which I only have to put into some presentable before/after form and then will bring it to the board. Started a thread on Discourse for the summer GA and invited the Americans. Also got from Keith list of addresses to be added to the PP Leaders mailing list.
  • Carlos Polo: not present
  • Keith Goldstein: I set up the volunteer form and Bastian added it to our website. The mentor program is built in. We have 2 volunteers outside of the board. One an IT trainee, and one as an IT volunteer but not a mentor. We need to advertise the form and reply to the applicants about how they can be involved. I looked up the needs assessment for Linda. We need to update the records of contacts and people for the pp-leaders email list. I also have had a lot of discussions with the DEPA DAO group. We had one meeting, one workshop with bankless consulting, and we have another workshop scheduled. Details on the next meeting are in AOB. I will make a sign up form for TT4, which we very much need. <Gregory had a comment that perhaps we should add a comment about how we should call the applicant>
  • Alexander Isavnin: I was investigating Pirate services to Russia. We were hosting our services elsewhere, so we are migrating websites to hosting in Russia. Technical administrators have changed all the time. It's interesting to discover what has been st-up and what's being discussed.
  • Manuel Caicedo: not present
  • Dario Castane: not present
  • Mauricio Vargas: not present

Alternates:

  • Ji Yong Dijkhuis: not present
  • Veronika Murzynová: Happy to be back but nothing really to report.
  • Adam Wolf: not present
  • Sebastian Krone:
All financial information I have is in PPI wiki (bank - 12.04.2022, several weeks old, as statements are missing - PayPal account balance is from today,10.05.2022).

PayPal donations for Aid Ukraine are also documented in PPI wiki, amount today: 376.01 EUR (additionally there is a donation on our bank account in the amount of 50.29 CHF, which should be transferred to Aid Ukraine account - but so far it has not been done).

Again, the new blog for Aid Ukraine should be spiced up with SEO tools, we have very, very few clicks on it.
I have set up a website for the upcoming Think Twice conference in 2022 and three websites for the old TTs 2014.1, 2014.2 and 2018.
When do we actually get content for the TT-2022?
The domain is thinktwice.today - you can find all the pages at:
https://pp-international.net/events/think-twice-conferences/
For our live conferences, we have a new Big Blue Button video server with capacity up to 250 viewers. For bigger events we can book more capacity.
I have been looking at the PPI technology, as I do every day.
All patches are up to date.
All systems are running flawlessly.

5.1 - Proposals

<No proposals>

5.2 - Working Groups Update

  • DAO Working Group

Our second Governance session with Bankless Consulting, set for Monday May 23rd at 16 CET / 10 EST: DePa’s General Voice channel (Discord): https://discord.com/invite/DbJbmWnVwk

Keith: We had one meeting, kinda internal discussion on what we want to do with it. We then met with Bankless Consulting. Then had a workshop on what the future for this project is. Next one will be a serious workshop; we have a few tools open working on three different block chains; I'd like us to develop one for donations such as Ukraine.
Joe:
  • SCULL had been postponed.
Gregory: I heard from PPDE that they didn't hear about it. We need to make sure that the e-mails reach the right people within the parties. The people we need to reach might also not speak English for example. We need to think about how to make this happen more effectively. We need to learn to reach to our members in a better way.
Mike: A SCULL meeting would be perfect for coming up with a better way to do this.
Bastian: We've been trying for years to get the correct information. Maybe we can finalize that this time to make sure we have the current intel.
Gregory: We have removed inactive people but still have very few new subscriptions. Let's ask the parties for their information.
Mike: After the last GA when we purged some of the inactive parties this is now a goal we can achieve.
Bastian: Maybe we can divide this by continents.
Mike: Any takers for Europe? :-) I'll come up with some system ASAP and will let you know.

5.3 Economic Update

  • There are bills to pay.
  • I still don't have access to our bank accounts after more than two years.
  • There is a lot of trolling about the donations on AidUkraine.
I can only repeat that again:
I need a plan, a concept or a statement of what the money is needed for or receipts if money has already been spent.
We are not allowed to handle publicly raised donations in any other way.
I repeat this again: I am happy to advance money from my private pocket if Svein or someone else needs money for AidUkraine.
Svein has contacted me, and he does not know anything, he did not ask for money.
Mike: Can anyone confirm whether the 300 EUR from PPCZ arrived (or didn't arrive) to our Swiss account? Because if it didn't, I have to find out what happened. Because it's not in my budget within the PPCZ's Foreign Dept., it left the party's account but by default I don't see if it went to the correct account. If there was some mistake I need to inquire but it's kinda dumb without confirming on the PPI's end first.
  • Crypto accounts. We need to have the crypto account tied to our bank account. It would be best if we had someone in Switzerland who could set that up. Is there someone? I have been wanting to transfer the small funds that we collected.

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

  • We were invited to participate in the panel of the cybercrime conference in Vienna. Mike submitted a request. If they don't choose us to be a panelist we should follow up as participants. We should also check if our statement from last year was finally published.
Mike: Am I on the Vienna groundspasses list?
Keith: I'll find out.
Alexander: There's another working group at the UN level. It exists for a long time now. It's called Government Experts. But we should monitor it.

5.5 PPI HQ update

Mike: Still waiting for Bailey's passport, as per usual. Gotta go now.

6 AOB - Any other business

  • Alexander: There is another UN working group that we should consider participating in: Open-ended Working Group on security of and in the use of information and communications technologies 2021-2025 established pursuant to General Assembly resolution 75/240 Third substantive session Date: 25 to 29 July 2022 Opening plenary meeting: Monday, 25 July at 10:00 am Place: United Nations Headquarters New Yor
  • Volunteer Form
https://lime.ppi.rocks/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=341246
Please advertise the form. We could also use an updated blog post about it.


===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 31.05.2022 20:00 UTC/22:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 14:55 UTC/16:55 CEST