- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [07/02/2018 07/02/08:00]h CET ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording:
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/958313421
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Ray, Bailey, Keith, Guillaume,
- excused: Thomas, Koen, Nikolay
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Dan,Etienne
- participating: Bastian, Pirates on Air,
- participating: Bastian, Pirates on Air,
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 08:04CET by Ray
- Meeting chaired by Guillaume
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 6 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 08:04
- Postal votes: 0
- Notes on meeting process: 4 board members and 2 alternates
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
- Minutes of the last meeting
https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_01_28 YES: Ray, Guillaume,Bailey, Keith, Etienne , Dan NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Minutes approved? Minutes approved unanimously.
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: General Assembly of Parti Pirate Vaudois, relinquishing the presidency. Swiss telco/telcom data leaks six months ago that was only recently revealed-requesting members to querry the operator to receive data and examine fallout. Guillaume was interviewed in the Swiss French newspaper, and there is also Swiss German media on this issue.
- Bailey: Amsterdam Pirates have been given contributor access to the PPI Facebook page as well as the @PPI_Activism Twitter account so that they can post about their upcoming elections freely. They want to do a global action at some point so I will stay in contact with them about that and we will hopefully set up a meeting for everyone in the near future.
- Keith: Lot of technical stuff. Working on TT3.
- Raymond: Business as usual.
- Etienne : National GA in March, there will be a big change in our internal organisation : more liquid democracy, more freedom for the work team.
We have a big troll acting against the PPFR actually "PPFR". He sents email under the name "Eym". One of our member will lodge a complaint for moral harassment against him.
- Daniel: The "PirateCoin Guy" didn't answer me this week, I'll keep trying to talk to him about the blockchain project
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 - Proposal No. 1
- UN ECOSOC Badges
Liz, Keith, Thomas
Geneval, does anyone else need a badge. Want a badge. Anyone who wants a groundpass needs to fill out the personal info. Keith will send this mail one last time to the groups. The signed letter from Guillaume will then need to be sent simultaneously.
- Mailing Lists
Keith has now access to enroll and invite people to the list, which is perfect. I just have one other question. At the link on the website, we need to have instructions for people who would like to sign up for the list. We could tell them to write to the board with instructions subject line SUBSCRIBE PP-LEADERS and add them manually. However, there is supposed to be an automated process whereby the moderators then simply accept. The email syntax should work but I have experimented a bit just now and I'm not getting it.
Please use the right link: https://groups.pp-international.net/sympa
I've put the issue of mailing lists on our next agenda. I think we need a public mailing list with thousands of recipients and then the pp-leaders list. I am also going to try to revive the newsletter that we tried to work on last year.
"btw, has the mailing lists really been so dead, not a single email in almost 4 months?
on the ppi site, your email and thomas' is screwed up, and the mailing list link bounces back to the wiki main page "
Please look into the old archives, they are still online.
Guillaume will work with keith on updating the pp-leaders lists.
newsletter- pirate times articles - newspaper articles - comments
member contact database, any updates from kitty. regardless, we have access to the databases and should condense our emails into a list.
International Pirates Panel The panel discussion will probably revolve around the campaign strategies of each party. A moderator will ask q and a, so there is no need to prepare. confronting BDS issues If anyone wants to participate, they should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
merchandise for tt3- please could any group donate for the event. We will be selling shirts and flags from various pirate parties for donations.donations can be sent to
Funding requests, t-shirt and sticker donations. Sticker order announcements- flyers base can alter text speakers from abroad, visitors from abroad... 3 locations, 4 panels, second panel is with online participants, various speakers will be online with slides at other times.
Please share the fb link and mark at least interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/529202864128696/
- Party relations
Statement on collaboration publication.
- Pirate Security Conference next weekend, the 17th. https://pirate-secon.net/en/the-pirate-security-conference-2018/
- Keith's Meeting with USPP
PPUS is inviting Chelsea Manning to a PNC meeting and/or special meeting. They are not yet ready to support or endorse her without first having the opportunity to communicate with her. I indicated that members of PPI will be providing support individually, but we will probably wait to decide about making an endorsement. They also stressed that the election is not till the fall.
Is anyone from PPI planning to attend HOPE 12 or Defcon? HOPE July 20, 21, and 22, 2018 in NY Defcon August 9–12, 2018 in Vegas
- If you know anyone that is going there, please let us know. It would be good to have a representative that could summarize the event.
- Example of an interesting upcoming conference- 19th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research
Theme: Governance in the data age Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands 30 May - 1 June, 2018 http://dgo2018.dgsociety.org/ Email: email@example.com Twitter handle: #dgo2018
- Forward harassment from EYM and Eric Billes to Etienne at PPFR, owing to the ongoing harassment.
Bank Account Balance: 2554.02 CHF Paypal:
Invoice for the bill of the GA has not yet been paid. The payment needs to occure, it had been transmitted in december 2017
== Wikipedia - PPI
The article has not been updated in a while Resignations but no Recent Members Section, we must add, as well as conferences.
6 AOB - Any other business
Next Meeting: Sunday 25.02.201814:00 CET Next Meeting: Sunday, 2018-02-25 14:00 CET (13:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 08:50 CET (07:50 UTC)