From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

Dec 18 2019 BOD

Convoqués

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cedric
    • keithgoldstein
    • BaileyL
    • MichalGill
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • Dichter
  • Board members :
    • Cedric (1.00)
    • keithgoldstein (1.00)
    • BaileyL (1.00)
    • MichalGill (1.00)
    • DanPrazeresBR (1.00)
    • Dichter (1.00)
      • 6/6
  • Alternate board members :

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Bastian
  • Board members :
  • Alternate board members :
    • Bastian

Ordre du jour

December 18

Board Meeting

Meeting started at 19:19 CET. Today is our first board meeting with the new board.

Convened

Absent

PROCEEDINGS

Chair and secretary


Bailey is chair. Keith and Cedric are secretary.

Quorum

We have quorum with Bailey, Bastian, Cal, Dan, Gregory, Cedric, Keith, Linda, Mike, Svein.

Approval of the Minutes

Dec.

The last board meeting

And the GA


Motion
Do we approve the previous minutes ?
15yes.png Yes : keithgoldstein (1), DanPrazeresBR (1), BaileyL (1), Dichter (1)
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Cedric Levieux (PPFR)(PPI) (1), MichalGill (1)
Result: Motion adoptée


Linda abstains because she was not at the last meeting.

Conclusion
The previous minutes are approved



Approval of the Agenda

1) Orientation
2) PPFR Proposal
Economic Reports (we will probably skip)
AOB

Motion
Do we agree for the agenda?
Agenda, OK?
15yes.png Yes : Cedric Levieux (PPFR)(PPI) (1), keithgoldstein (1), DanPrazeresBR (1), BaileyL (1), MichalGill (1), Dichter (1)
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion adoptée


Conclusion
Linda approves the agenda


Conclusion
The agenda is appoved



(It was clarified that the minutes will have to be voted on again at the next meeting, because this was just a training session.)

Board member reports

Board

Bailey:

BaileyL: Happy to be elected and enjoyed the GA. Sent some emails reminding people to debate the French motion. This is very crucial, and we don't want people to forget about this. I sent out an email reminder about this. I'll probably do another one if no one responds. Trying to pay attention to chats on Discord. If you know of someone who is good with social media, let me know. We need someone who will help with getting out our information on social media.

Gregory:

I had wrote mails to the savedotorg and the contract for the web campaigns, informing them of our GA decisions. We received a thank from savetheorg campaign.

I started a matrix table on the evaluating the various group chat options - i will present this table later.

I also started creating a structure for different meetings of PPI, and the Pirate governance codex and others. I spoke with Bailey about that and social media. We would like to involve members in the process, utilizing a standing committee and how we should call this.

Dichter:

Keith:

Working on Israeli elections in March. I think we need a vice secretary for social media.

Daniel:

also going through elections.

Linda:

Norweigan PP had a digital assembly. As a new board member I have been speaking with representatives of different Pirates to get opinions. The signal that I pick up is that we need to be more organized as offering umbrella services. Update our Wiki with starter packs for starting a Pirate party. Communication strategies. I am keeping my ears wide open to hear what the international pirates want from us. I don't mind participating in social media activities. I am quite fond of doing that.

Mike:

MichalGill: Not much done on the PPI side, aside from some wiki updates and discussion with Linda on how the permanent GA might work. Finally got in touch with some people in Morocco that potentially know some Pirates there. It's not easy to get much from them but at least I'm not talking to a wall anymore.

Cédric:

We learned a lot from the GA about tech issues.

Giuseppe:

(He can't speak but he is listening)

Thomas:

(not available)

Alternates

Sebastian:

Waiting to make sure that everyone got their new email addresses.

Carlos:

Carlos is here.

Svein:

Since the GA, I have been on a development project and just arrived home. Pirate beer again would be a good idea.

Diana:

Orientation

Issue: orientation and registering new members with tools
Submitted by: keith
Justification: we have a lot of new members without access to our tools
Motion: let's register everyone, no vote needed. Potential votes needed if we choose tools (will probably be voted on next meeting with everyone present).

We are not going to use all of these tools, and certainly not regularly. This is the state of things between the last GA and now. Part of what we want to do is simplify this to make our jobs easier. Starting next week, we need to register ECOSOC delegates. I was looking to start a new group chat. I also examined whether we could host an image database. We need to have another instance of a CRM, to contact with other NGOs and our members. Currently we have a Google Drive that has become too complex. We have 2 CRMs. Appointing vice secretaries and working groups, it would be good to contact those who were not elected. Bailey will reach out. We can divide it out between a couple of us. Regarding the group chat system, we are currently using a commercial system that might be a problem, Wire. It lacks an important feature for side chats. I get lost there and the search functionality is not so good. I prefer other programs (names programs). Gregory is setting up a table that displays each of the tools and its features. Gregory set up a table that shows a map of all pirate meetings. We should switch the days, rotating every two weeks. Also it is brought up the idea of rotating times. Pirate beer on Friday the 3rd before our next board meeting is the current plan. Maybe we start at 10 CET. In late Jan. we have the decision to install different kinds of committees. I feel like the list is too long and we have too many. This is from the 2018 GA. I am thinking of a standing committee on SC Inter-Parties Empowerment and Cooperation

SCIPEAC

Mothership... I want this to be the 26th of Jan. around 4 pm CET.


PPFR proposal statute amendments

Issue: PPFR proposal revisions
Submitted by: Keith
Justification: There were language and clarity issues with the original proposal that need clarification before the GA can vote on them. There were also multiple clauses in the proposal, some of which need to be distinguished for multiple votes.
Motion: See the draft of the revision on the etherpad. We need to go through and outline still each motion and how it represents a change from the prior statutes.
<a href="https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ppi-bill-revision-le1g80zb" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; cursor: pointer !important;">https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ppi-bill-revision-le1g80zb</a>.


Economic reports


Budget and cashflow budget 2019

Cashiers

This item is on the agenda to confirm that all paperwork has been sent and received.==Any other business==

Issue: Designating General Secretary and Treasurer (we will probably do this next meeting when we have everyone present).
Issue: Economic report and confirming cashiers (we will probably do this next meeting when we have everyone present).
Issue: Designating vice-secretaries

Issue: Reopenning the GA (we will probably do this next meeting when we have everyone present)

Issue: Send our invitation for a standing committee meeting on inter-party support and cooperation, because I’d like it to happen in late January
Submitted by: Gregory
Justification: we probably do not need to vote on this anyway. I just like to collect some input

Issue: Registering 2020 ECOSOC representatives

Issue from PPFR with user on the Wiki, who they indicate has been violating the rules to harass them.

Upcoming Meeting

Jan. 4 was the consensus on Doodle. What time?

Having participated in a vote

  • 4 - keithgoldstein
  • 10 - DanPrazeresBR
  • 5 - BaileyL
  • 17 - Dichter
  • 1 - Cedric Levieux (PPFR)(PPI)
  • 9 - MichalGill