From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 01.04.2020 20:05 CET ---
Discord Room: https://discord.gg/5ASGz6v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/PC9yLCSDqgCG9N4
Video: No video recording

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Gregory, Keith, Bailey, Linda,
excused: Cedric, Cal, Thomas
unexcused:
We have quorum.

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Bastian
excused: Svein
unexcused:
Guests:
participating: Kristian from PPNO, Olivia, PiratesOnAir, Roland

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:05 CEST by Bailey.
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith and everyone
Quorum established with 6 out of 9 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 20:05
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/PC9yLCSDqgCG9N4
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process


3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting :https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_03_11
15yes.png Yes : GE, Mike, Bailey, Keith
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Bastian, Linda
Result: Motion passed


  • Minutes are approved with 4 votes yes and 2 abstained.


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Alternates:
  • Bastian:

I took care of the technology like I do every day. Gregory got a VM on the PPI server to install or try out new tools. I attended Pirate Beer and SCULL Meeting.

  • Carlos: not present
  • Svein: not present
  • Cedric: not present
  • Cal:
  • Mike: Has been at the first Wiki meeting; still haven't done the member page I promised. I'm getting to it any day now. :-) I missed the last biggest ever Pirate Beer (too tired and slept thru it). We cancelled the TT4 with Greg and David for this spring at least. I haven't done really anything PPI related aside from that, except from testing virtually every voice and video chat apps out there via other organisations (Jitsi, Hangouts, Teams, Webex...). Also visited the PPEU board meeting two weeks ago - intersting stuff.
  • Linda: attended Scull meeting and wiki update meeting. Updating needs assessment based on wiki needs etc. Atteded Pirate Beer. Will attend next wiki if work allows. PPNO is excited about graphics library access.
  • Dan:
  • Thomas: not present
  • Keith: I sat in on the SCULL and SCUBA meetings, Pirate beer, the Dutch Pirates anniversary party, and a few other events. I really want us to work on a post for the website on the current situation. I also started to navigate the new rules for ECOSOC. Needless to say we won't be sending representatives to visit physically, but we can receive access to online events. I was a bit overworked at the start of this crisis, but now I should have some more free time. We are in full lockdown, so I am available 24/7.
  • Gregory: Since last report, I have prepared and participated in SCULL and SCUBA meetings. I did some minor work on the Wiki and Redmine and have started with the installation for the Imagebank software. I have submitted the application for a "village booth" at the upcomming IGF and also have registered PPI for the 12 ministerial conference of WTO (it will probably be moved to a different date). Also we had the BDSM (Buddies Doing Social Media) meeting and I have creted a PPI Telegram Channel https://t.me/PiratePartiesInternational . Bailey and I have set up some further Dates for more Standig Commiettees meetings. I worked on the ToS for the Graphics Vault. We had to cancel the TT4 conference, I had communicated with all registered Participants and Speakers about it. I also got access to Limesurvey from Keith in order to create the form for Nextcloud subsription.
  • Bailey: I facilitated the SCULL meeting on Sunday, which was a success. We agreed on how to go about launching a graphics vault for pirates to share their source files as well as finished products, which the board will (hopefully) give approval for today. Minutes from the SCULL meeting can be found here: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/2020-03-29-scull-um3zl0eg. I also attended the BDSM meeting on the 18th, SCUBA meeting on the 22nd (meeting again this Saturday) and Pirate Beer on the 27th (we had almost 30 attendees on Zoom at one point, plus a few people hanging out on the Pirate Beer Jitsi!). We need to have another Wiki update session which I set up the doodle for, but only 3 of us have filled it out so please do so if you haven’t already: https://dudle.piratenbrandenburg.de/sk2zw9mk/. Financial authorization forms have been signed and mailed to Gregory. I was informed by the Dutch Pirates that due to the COVID-19 situation they cannot host an IRL GA for us this year, which is understandable. However I would still like to aim for a few online GA sessions this year including one in May, another in September-ish and then at the end of the year, and I hope we can decide on a May date today. I will be calling a meeting for the IT working group between now and the next board meeting to discuss moving forward with our plans for tech packages. In other news our Twitter account is being targeted by bots and keeps getting restricted, despite Tweeting very little over the last while. This is a legit concern because it could get permanently suspended as a result, which we obviously do not want.

5.1 - Proposals

  • Issue (from last meeting): PPI Statement on Quarantine Victims
Submitted by: Keith
Justification: We should put out a statement that provides guidance. PPI should develop a disaster relief unit, which incorporates online support for those living under quarantine.
Motion: Put up the following statement. Draft is here:
This statement may not be finished by the time of the meeting.
https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/online-assistance-for-quarantine-victims-fvkl0u3
Linda recommends having photographs and focusing on digital technology and our advice for digital options that we love.
Keith will organize a meeting. He will send a Doodle. One or two hours, we will sit together and finish the statement.
Screenshots from Pirate beer.
Having positive messages. It is not a positive situation, but there is a lot happening with building positive relations online.
  1. weshiptechnology

Issue: Approval of PPI Graphics Vault Initiative

Submitted By: Bailey
Motion
Does the PPI board agree to allow this plan to move forward as is?
Justification: At the SCULL meeting on March.29th the group of us came up with a plan to set up a PPI graphics vault that can be used by Pirates everywhere, for sharing source files as well as finished products. This is one of those things that people have brought up to us before, the fact that we could use a place to share graphics easily. The idea is that we use NextCloud, both for sharing source files as well as a library of finished products, but we have separate areas for each. While the PPI board has final say on who uses it and what gets put in there, we all agreed that designers should be able to self-manage and give access to whoever they deem appropriate. What needs to happen now is creating a “terms of use” document, and there will be a follow-up meeting between some of the SCULL attendees to work some of this stuff out (do not have a date yet). SCULL meeting minutes are here: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/2020-03-29-scull-um3zl0eg.
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Gregory, Keith, Bastian,Bailey, Linda
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion passed


  • If we have proper users, then we can make good use of Nextcloud. It can have other applications, and we can do a lot of collaborative work with it. However, it makes no sense to implement it if we don't have people who use it. We will also need rules of proceedure.

Issue: Decision on 1-day GA date for May

Submitted By: Bailey
Motion
Does the PPI board agree to hold a 1-day GA online on Saturday, May 30th?
Justification: We’ve discussed having a 1-day online GA in May to reconnect with our members directly and provide them with some updates about what we’ve been up to, as well as address motions and statute amendments. Gregory and I discussed possible dates and came to the conclusion that May 30th is probably the best, due to PPEU having their council meeting the weekend before and the fact that any sooner would be too soon at this point.
15yes.png Yes : Linda, Mike, Gregroy, Keith, Bastian,Bailey
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion passed


  • Issue that Pirate beer is schedule for the same day. We can leave it as is, so that it is scheduled for right after the GA.

5.2 - Working Groups Update

Next SCULL 20th May 2020, 20:20

Standing Committee on Universal Liaison on party Labour

focused on the use of Democracy tools:

  • Online GAs / Permanent GAs
  • Lqfb
  • Congressus
  • BEO
  • other Tools
  • Presentation from a e-Democracy Researcher (to be confirmed)

Next SCUBA 04.04.2020 16:00 CET

Standing Committee on UN Bureaucratic Activities
Need to meet again to finalize the proposals for the IGF

SCENE April 20th 2020 20:20 CET

Standing Committee on External Network Engagement
  • Best Practices Social Media
  • Best Practices Press on
    • Press Relations
    • Newsroom
    • Imagebank

Next Pirate Beer 18.04.2020

Next PB is on 18.04 21:00h CEST
https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=Pirate_Beer

5.3 Economic Update

Authorization forms are in the mail (transit)
Dan is not present, and we will need an update from him as treasurer.

6 AOB - Any other business

Update on TT4 - We decided to cancel TT4 for the time being. Until its cancelation we have had 28 registered participants and 11 speakers. The following post was made on our website about the cancelation: https://pp-international.net/2020/03/think-twice-4-conference-covid-19-considerations/
We are considering whether a series of webinars could replace this, not a full two day conference but a series of talks. And put out the results on YT.
Update on UN activities
We wish to draw your attention to the ECOSOC website (https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en) which contains information on COVID-19 and how the Council adjusts its work and calendar of meetings.


===================================================
  • Next Meeting: April 22nd 2020, 19:00 CEST/DST (17:00 UTC)
We are open to changing the meeting time, but we will discuss this further.
  • Meeting Closed: 21:20 CEST/DST (20:20 UTC)