From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 27.05.2020 CEST ---
Mumble
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/36qW4BeeSDZE6Sg
Video: No video recording

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Cal, Keith, Linda, Gregory, Mike
excused:Dan, Thomas, svein, cedric
unexcused:
We have quorum.

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Bastian
excused:
unexcused:
Guests:
participating: Vojtěch Pikal (PPCZ)
@PiratesOnAir


2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 19:05 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with 6 out of 9 board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 19:05
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process


3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meetings:

PPEU Joint Meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_05_17 Last PPI Board Meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_05_13

15yes.png Yes : Gregory, Keith, Mike, Bailey, cal, Linda
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion passed


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board
  • Cedric:
  • Cal:"not really, maybe later"
  • Gregory: DId a whole lot of stuff, but the highlights had been the PPEU Council meeting and our joint meeting with the PPEU board. Postfinance update from Pat.
  • Linda: participated in PPEU council meeting, got elected to their court of conduct.

Also attended PPEU and PPI joint board meeting.

  • Bailey: Attended the joint meeting with PPEU. Watched the council meeting of PPEU. Following Discourse on the GA, and made sure that the agenda was up. It is an estimate, and we will have to adapt. Board report will be sent to us soon. Anything that we feel is missing, please add. Delays with bank authorization due to postal issues.
  • Mike: Bullied a few parties into signing up for the GA, mainly both Slovaks and the Hungarians should send their delegate lists and then show up. No reply from the Polish as of yet. PPEU-PPI joint meeting; a lot of stuff within PPCZ (political institute, public domain Grants SW, campaign bus...).
  • Dan
  • Thomas:
  • Keith: Got an article published! Will share more about it soon. I've been doing a lot of research on society during COVID-19, very busy but our Pirate work also collides with this topic. Received a response that our request for the Global Leadership Conference at UNOG in June was received, but they have not yet confirmed our participation. I need to check the results of the Needs Assessment again, and I also need to go over Discourse again before the GA. Let's try to go over some of that tonight.


  • Alternates:
  • Svein:
  • Carlos:
  • Bastian: Groundhog day - Tech stuff etc. - Participated joined PPEU/PPI Board meeting aso. asf.

5.1 - Proposals

  • GA Discussion
Board Report
Discourse
Bailey will start as the chair, then Gregory will take over. Keith will take notes, but everyone will help.
We will need help keeping track of speakers.
On Saturday, between now and then, what do we need?
FB Event, we have not provided explicit instructions for logging in.

https://www.facebook.com/events/669572480533682/

[keith: we need to put the instructions for everyone to log in on Zoom to the meeting. how do we propose to do that?]

We are missing that the agenda being sent. It is difficult to find. An invitation should include the agenda.
Security will be enforced at the GA. Anyone who obstructs the GA will be removed and banned.
Registration through the needs assessment link...
we don't have a problem with guests who observe.
we ran a tally of the parties that have registered already.
let's keep reaching out.
Additional announcements for the GA will be sent out.
The agenda for Saturday... we are going to start at 11 am CEST. Zoom will be open from 10 am. It would be great if the board could all be there at that time.
11:30 we will have the board report, which should be under 30 minutes.
12:00 finances report, lay auditors, COA
13:00 break
13:15 new member applications (Chile, Japan, Brandenberg)
14:00 statute amendments
We should discuss the order in which we discuss them, which Vojtech proposes should be in the order which they were submitted.
We seem fine with this submission date order.
15:00 big break
Issue if we will elect an alternate board member.
This vote also depends on how we vote on a statute amendment that was proposed.
We will try to finish at 17:00.
Gregory discussed having break out rooms. Online Bar camp. Using 4 Jitsi rooms on 4 different servers, using online whiteboard https://awwapp.com/ or https://excalidraw.com/
We want to get member feedback.
Pirate beer is that night.
There is a concern that we may need to delay the close of the GA to a later date, perhaps the next weekend, as was done in Munich. Everyone wants to be heard, and we have 3 serious ammendments. So everyone needs to be able to debate and be able to consider their decisions.
Anyone can suggest changes to the agenda.
We should try to be fast during the early segments of the GA. There will probably not need to be a lot of discussion on the board reports and membership applications.
We should right a policies and proceedures for the GA, so we don't have to reinvent it everytime.
There are some rubrics from the prior GAs, which lay out the proceedures for the GA.
We could use instructions for breakout meetings, so board members know how to administer them.

6 AOB - Any other business

===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 30.05.2020 GA 10:00 CEST for registration, 11:00 CEST is the start.
  • Meeting Closed: 20:12 CEST/DST (18:12 UTC)