From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 17.06.2020 18:00 UTC ---
BBB room:
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
Video: We are testing Big Blue Button https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating:
  • Bailey
  • Gregory Engels
  • Mike
  • Cal
  • Keith
excused: Linda, Thomas, Dan, Cedric
unexcused:
Quorum? Yes

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
  • Bastian
excused: Svein, Carlos
unexcused:
Guests:
participating:
Mickey Sinclair, Olivia, Vojtech Pikal, Numero6

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 18:00 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with 5 out of 9 board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/z2ty5R9yRRSgtsF
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process


3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_05_27
15yes.png Yes : Gregory, Mike, Bailey, cal,Keith
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Bastian
Result: minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board
  • Keith: Internet problems. sorry. I am listening in, but I keep getting kicked off.
  • Linda:
  • Cedric:
  • Cal:
  • Gregory: I had sent our reminders for the next SCUBA meeting. I have participated in the meeting of the ECI Freedom to Share - that aims to collect 1 Million signatures across europe to get commission hearing on legalizing private file sharing. Also, The Pirate Summer Camp ist now from 12.07 to 26.07 - full two weeks. The travel ban in europe is lifted and the registration is still open https://ps20.eventbrite.com - during the PS20 we will have the PPI BarCamp on July 19th. I also created the list of all PPI Members participation in PPI GA's, so that we can now address this at the CoA according to the decision of the last General Assembly.
  • Mike: Wrote down the minutes at the GA, working on an awesome member list for ours as well as for the general Wiki, not much else to add. And yeah, also going to the Polish summer camp.
  • Dan
  • Thomas:
  • Bailey:


  • Alternates:
  • Svein:
  • Bastian:
I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day.
Our Nextcloud is working fine.
We have refurbished the Etherpad, you have more tools to export the pads (wiki export does not work, it is a pity).
  • Carlos:

5.1 - Proposals

  • Issue: Financial Reimbursement
Submitted by: Bailey
Justification: One of our cashiers, Pat Machler has been sending Bailey and Gregory PostFinance documents in the mail over the past several months, in an effort to help us get proper access to the Swiss bank account. Pat has spent over 180 CHF mailing things.
Motion: I suggest that we reimburse Pat Machler 200 CHF to make up for what he spent on mailing our financial documents.
Motion
Reimbursement the expenses of Pat
* We reimburse Pat Machler 200 CHF to make up for what he spent on mailing our financial documents.
15yes.png Yes : Gregory, Bailey, Mike,Keith, cal, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion passed


5.2 - Working Groups Update

upcoming meetings:

SCUBA (Standing Committee on UN Bureacratic Activities) meeting on Sunday, June 21st 20:00 CEST
BDSM (Buddies Doing Social Media) meeting on Wednesday, June 24th at 19:00 CEST/17:00 UTC
SCULL (Standing Committe on Universal Liason on interparty Labor) meeting focusing on democracy tools on Wednesday, July 22nd but still need to confirm a time.


5.3 Economic Update

  • PostFinance
On Monday, June 15th Bailey received mail from Pat Machler which includes a PostFinance ID card and reader as well as documents to sign again as the other ones never got to Gregory. We should now have full access to our PostFinance account which means we can give more thorough reports and be overall more aware and transparent about our financial situation.
  • Membership fees
Now that our bank account situation is falling into place, perhaps now is a good time to start thinking about sending membership fee invoices.


5.4 ECOSOC/UN

SCUBA meeting Sunday, June 21st at 20:00 CEST/18:00 UTC
Global Leadership Conference
UNHLPF
Quadrennial Report

6 AOB - Any other business

  • PPI-PPEU
At the joint PPI-PPEU board meeting we agreed to have another one sometime after the two big meetings. Should we reach out and see if they're up for it?
Mike: Let's wait for them for a bit, whether they bring it up.
  • Anti-Surveillance Campaign
Sjoerd de Boer from the PPNL sent an email to the pp-leaders list, a call to action on a global campaign targeting surveillance cameras and how they don't keep us safe in the world, despite getting told by our governments that that is their purpose.
PPI should have an active role in this campaign and we should encourage all Pirates to join. This is a really good chance to bring everyone together as a unified movement, and it could also be a lot of fun.
  • GA debrief/review
This should have happened sooner but it didn't (Bailey's fault). Let's figure out a time that is good for everyone to get together to review the GA. It should be a fairly chill thing. Chill but necessary.
  • BarCamp in July
Bailey and Gregory talked about organizing an online BarCamp event since we did not get to do one at the GA. We were thinking about Sunday, July 19th for the date, which would make it during the Pirate Summer Camp. What does everyone think about this idea?
  • Making UTC our default timezone
Because we are an international organization and not all of our members are in Europe, it might be appropriate to start planning our meetings/event times and promoting them in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) as opposed to the Central European timezone.
Gregory: I like, that everyone is equally disadvantaged in having to calculate the correct time - but lets use the French Revolutionary time - it is more scientific, because it is based on 10 hours a day. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time
Vojtech: No, we should use the Unix epoch time. (represented in seconds since 1970) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
Mike: As someone currently enjoying the "European Privilege" it would sound really selfish for me to try to preserve our usage of the CET, so yeah, let's try the UTC and perhaps start using both for now when scheduling stuff.
  • Needs Assessment
We need to copy the data from this year's and maybe last year's GA sign up and needs assessment to pp-leaders and the members database.
  • Membership Tally
We need to send the list of inactive parties to the CoA.
  • Pirate Party of Finland - Bailey: apparently they left, but "unofficially", it was debated if it was a valid statement; Mike:Thus we probably should just take note of themselves leaving? Vojtěch: We should ask them what they want to do; I propose to move them to observer membership. Mike will get in touch with them.
  • Pirate Party of Kazakhstan - the founder of the PPKZ have moved on. The Website https://pirateparty.kz/ has been taken over by cyber squatters. Greg's idea is to try to get in touch with someone to take over their project (he has the login details for their FB page); suspension recommendation.
  • Pirate Party of Romania - Gregory: PP Romania changed name possibly and is doing something else. FB seems to be alive: https://www.facebook.com/partidulpiratromania/; Twitter and web seem dead. Suspension and reaching out via Greg's contact.
  • Pirate Party of Spain - the confederation had a meeting last year, besides that, almost no activity. The original PPES is probably dead. http://partidopirata.es/ website is still online, last post 2017, twitter seems to be alive, facebook is dead. We should contact them.
  • Pirate Party of Slovenia - Bailey: They're still active; they're an active party, just not participating much, I'm not recommending suspension; they are participating in elections. Active within PPEU. Vojtěch: Let's task someone to check whether they paid the fees lately. Bailey: I'll reach to my contact there. Also let's check whether they paid.
  • Pirate Party of Morocco - website dead, was taken over by spammer previously. FB has been dead for five years except for two recent posts. Expulsion proposed.
  • Pirate Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina - website is down, twitter account no longer exists, last facebook post is from 2017 - Expulsion proposed.
  • Pirate Center of Belarus - no activity, website taken over by spammer. Expulsion proposed.
  • Pirate Party of Japan - not participated in the last five years. Probably just one guy, quite secretive, no visible activities. Expulsion proposed.
Mike: Let's contact the parties we decided should be contacted, gather the intel at the next board meeting and then draft a letter to the CoA with our case by case recommendation.
  • Pirate Beer
Next Pirate Beer is this Friday, June 19th at 19:00 UTC/21:00 CEST!
We will be testing Big Blue Button for it and we will use the same link as we are using for this meeting https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 08.07.2020, 18:00 UTC/20:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: