From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 08.07.2020 18:00 UTC ---
BBB room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
Video: Big Blue Button https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating:
Bailey Linda, Gregory, Keith, Mike, cal
excused: Thomas
unexcused: Cedric
Quorum is met with 7. (6 + 1 alternate)

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Bastian
excused:
unexcused:
Guests:
participating: Pirates on Air, Numero6, Olivia

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 18:00 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with out of 9 board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/MNMHBZmKTERQqTZ
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes of the previous meeting?
* Minutes of the last meeting:

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_06_17

15yes.png Yes : Bailey, Gregory, Keith, Linda, cal, Mike, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board
  • Keith: Attended the GA Debrief, been conducting research on opensource IT tools for education.
  • Linda: on vacation, not much to report, but have been working on developing and implementing the court of conduct council for PPEU. Helped the Islandic Pirates with PR as PPI membership secretary, and they are now quite in favor of returning to PPI. Unnar reports there is a majority in favor. So we will see :-)
  • Cedric: Not present
  • Cal: nothing to report.
Gregory won at the ECHR against Russia. This is a blog presented by Bastian that summarizes this:

https://pp-international.net/2020/06/echr-network-blocking-in-russia-violates-human-rights/

If somone knows of people who are not on the pp-leaders list.

  • Mike: Not much to report; just got in touch with the Finnish about their membership. That's it. We will talk about this later in the meeting.
  • Dan: not present
  • Thomas: not present,
  • Bailey: Working on invites for meetings this month, a little bit of social media work (Twitter) . SCULL meeting on the 22nd. Please have a look and make sure it is ok, because she wants to check with us beforehand. Bar camp is a work in progress. If anyone wants to get together still who could not make it to the debrief,


  • Alternates:
  • Svein: not present
  • Bastian:
I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day.
All systems are running fine.
  • Carlos: not present

5.1 - Proposals

There were no proposals made in advance. Mike indicates that we should get back to the memberhip suspentions and terminations. Does anyone have news about having been in touch with parties?

5.2 - Working Groups Update

upcoming meetings:

BDSM (Buddies Doing Social Media) meeting on Thursday, July 9th at 19:00 CEST/17:00 UTC
Bailey wrote an invite for SCULL (Standing Committe on Universal Liason on interparty Labor) meeting focusing on democracy tools on Wednesday, July 22nd, just need everyone's OK for it and I'll publish: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/SCULL_Meeting_%233_Invite
Meeting will take place in BBB.
Pirate summer camp will be during the next board meeting. This will be 14 days. It would be a good idea to give us some input on what we should do for PPI. We did this last year with ECOSOC, and it was very effective. Maybe they will make a meeting with the PPI board. If they could get a list from the PPI board, it would be great if we could put it on our agenda.
This is a pad that we can use to write our ideas for Pirate Summer Camp:
https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/pirate-summer-camp-0e1kf0tt

5.3 Economic Update

  • PostFinance
On Monday, June 15th Bailey received mail from Pat Machler which includes a PostFinance ID card and reader as well as documents to sign again as the other ones never got to Gregory. We should now have full access to our PostFinance account which means we can give more thorough reports and be overall more aware and transparent about our financial situation.
  • Membership fees
Now that our bank account situation is falling into place, perhaps now is a good time to start thinking about sending membership fee invoices.
We need to send out invoices for membership fees.
Keith will make new invoices for 2019, due in 2020.
Last year's invoices were sent out on Oct. 2, 2019. We have a Google Drive folder with all of the invoices. We followed up with some of the parties, but we could have done a better job.
We should make sure that it is transparent.
This year's invoices will use a new system.


5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Global Leadership Conference
This is over.
UNHLPF
This is happening right now. Did they publish our statement?
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf/2020
It is happening right now. July 7 to 16.
We submitted a statement. It has not yet been published apparently.
Quadrennial Report
This is due in 2021. It is a short report, but we should have a working group tasked with this starting in the winter.
There are problems with the UN ESANGO system.

6 AOB - Any other business

  • PPI-PPEU
Does anyone have objections to another meeting.
It may be best to wait until August, because many people are on vacation.
  • Anti-Surveillance Campaign
So far we have PPNL, PPCAT, PPAT and PPDE on board
Maybe this will happen later in the year.
Perhaps we should write about this on the website? It is in the early stages of outreach. We emailed on pp-leaders and other places to see if we can get a campaign off the ground. We will ask if the organizers want us to have a website post about this.
  • BarCamp in July
Bailey is working on an invite for this
  • Needs Assessment
We need to copy the data from this year's and maybe last year's GA sign up and needs assessment to pp-leaders and the members database.
We did copy the data, but we should keep checking.
Keith will fix the survey, but he needs to change the link.
Next Pirate Beer is this Saturday, July 11th at 19:00 UTC/21:00 CEST on BBB https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
  • pp-leaders list
We can integrate selectively with our membership database. Let's investigate this.
Are there any other updates about membership requests, discussions with non-member parties?


===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 29.07.2020, 18:00 UTC/20:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 21:23 MESZ/DST