- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Mike, Bailey, Keith, Bastian, Gregory, Carlos
- excused: Linda (due to poor health)
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 16:00 UTC by
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with 5 out of 9 board members present.
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: 16:00 UTC, 17:00 CET
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_10_20|
|Yes : Gregory, Mike, Bailey, Bastian, Keith,Carlos|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)
- Gregory: I was quite engaged with the Freedom to Share ECI, had contact with various pirate parties about some translation tasks. .I have provided Bastian with bank account statements. I have taken part in multiple IGF preparatory meetings, and today had hosted visitors at our "booth" at the "IGF Virtual Village". Lastly I have worked around the new Pirate Times - I was able to recover the Twitter password. We need more people engaged in the text production workflow, especially in the proofreading activities.
- Mike: Visited the Nov 11 IGF event, which was kinda underwhelming due to technical difficulties, also stopped by at Gregory's b-day party and gathered some ideas for the Pirate Beer. :-)
- Keith: Just finished sitting in on the IGF. Met with the South School of Internet Governance. They are based in Latin America. They shared their book with me. They run an interesting fellowship program with the University of Buenos Aires that rotated around Latin America. It is now on Zoom and developing with greater and more diverse participation. Gained control of Kraken again.
- I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day. All systems are running fine.
- The click numbers on our website are going up. I am pleased that Olivia publishes articles almost daily.
- I received the bank statements from Gregory and published the finances between May 28th, 2018 and October 20th, 2020 to the PPI-Wiki. So, we also have an overview of the payments of the PPI fees.
- With Kraken and PayPal the accesses are still unclear. So I added Keith to Treasurer’s mail account.
- Again: I have set up the PP-CA website. Now it is online with some content. The rest we have to discuss with Bailey. Welcome back https://pirate-party.ca/.
- The Pirate Times is developing very well. There are still minor technical problems to solve. We have 2.000 clicks a day as a minimum up to 60.000 (and no bots at all) ;-)
5.1 - Proposals
- GA Discussion
- Issue: Assemblea
- Submitted by: Gregory -> Dario (PP-CAT)
- Justification: Need for voting system
- Motion: do we want to use assemblea at the ga?
- We need to get more information on making it work in real time, as we don't yet have independent capabilities to create our own votes. The tool might be helpful, but we need to see it working better in action. There might be technical difficulties setting it up and using it at the last minute with an event as big as the GA. Keeping it simple might make more sense, as we have so many tools. A spreadsheet at the moment will work.
- Freezing Inactive Members
- CoA request about whether they can confirm whether certain parties are not working. Recommendation that perhaps if we give these parties a last chance to show up before the GA and if not to freeze them.
- Statute Ammendments
- There were no statute ammendments.
- New Member Applications
- There were 3 new member application requests that were written in to the Discourse. Further information about their application, statutes, commentary should be added to there: https://ga.pp-international.net/t/new-member-applications/277/2
- Github: we need to fullfill last GA decission: https://ga.pp-international.net/t/move-rules-to-github/259 and install some kind of code version system
- Few showed up for the test. We should have Mumble ready if we have to fall back on it. We should have it ready in case we need a fall back.
- Sign Up Form
- We aren't using one at the moment. It might be difficult at this point to push the sign up form. We have the lists from the last several years, and we can just send an email to all delegates.
- We decided to cast a wider net, but inform everyone that they will either need to be an international coordinator or party member who has a public presence on the party's website. Otherwise, we will need some confirmation from one of those people in order for that person to be accredited.
- When to send the announcement? We need to have more clear instructions about how to participate.
- There may be command line possibilities to mute the video.
- We can hopefully use BBB for the entire GA. We need to speak with the supporters and a Telegram group, but things should be able to work fine, and we can create a new room.
- Streaming to Youtube
- Can we do this from BBB?
- At the last GA we assumed that we could stream to Youtube, and we had to at the last minute to set up a stream. It is possible from the common line. It can be streamed with a little delay. The Youtube stream can also stream the video.
5.2 - Working Groups Update
5.3 Economic Update
- Affiliation Fees
- How do we do that with the membership fees for 2020?
- In Munich we had decided the new system for 2019. For 2019, the invoices were not sent out until November 2019. For 2020 no invoices have been written yet.
- We could do this immediately for 2020. I have already prepared everything. However, I'm not quite sure who was sorted into which 4-Tier Membership Fee System and why. Do the members do this themselves?
- There are also individual members (10 EUR per year). I think that we have to write to all of them, because very few contributions have been received.
- Otherwise the payment situation is scary. Only very few members have paid anything at all.
- Keith and Bastian will relay
- UNOG Updates (prior links of events were sent by Carlos after the last meeting).
- Information about ECOSOC has been difficult to obtain. There are a lot of things going on, but you need to be in a network or a specialized group.
- IGF talk Nov.17th: https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-ws-352-digital-human-rights-digital-integrity-of-the-human-person
6 AOB - Any other business
- There was originally a plan to have next meeting of SCENE in the end of October - focused on election campaiging best practices including the current practices for campaigning in time of COVID-19 - do we push it to after the GA, or do we like to have it november 27th or december 2nd?
- Next Meeting: 01.12.2020, 16:00 UTC/17:00 CET/11:00 EST
- Meeting Closed: