- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Keith, Bastian, Bailey, Mike, Cal
- excused:Linda is at work.
- Quorum: Is met with 6 present.
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Carlos Polo
- excused: Svein
- participating: Numero6, Olivia, PiratesOnAir
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 13:05 UTC by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is everyone
- Quorum established with 6 out of 8 board members present.
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/zcCGcQypWpdJnst
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_11_11|
|Yes : Bastian, Gregory, Keith, Bailey, Mike|
|Abstain : cal|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)
- Linda: excused
- Cedric not present
- Gregory: Organozed a meeting with PPPT and discussed, how PPI can help them to relaunch the website and restart the party foundation process. I have attended the PPEU Council meeting this weekend. I worked with Bailey on the board report. I helped Bastian to confirm the new PayPal account. Small fix on the Website, due to the google search console complained. We had the the IGF session organized, and I worked on the session report for it, that I have submitted yesterday. Some cleanup in the discourse too. And I have spent a lot of time with tasks around the Freedom to Share ECI.
- Thomas Excused
- Cal: nothing to report
- Mike: Attended the PPPT meeting, sporadically the PPEU Council Meeting, our IGF event, kicked into a few members incl. Czechs to assign delegates for the GA.
- Dan not present
- Keith: Put together some of the financial work. I have our list of delegates to send for the GA. We hope to have some new people present.
- Bailey: PP-Portugal meeting. Tested Airmeet. We decided not to go with it, but we think it will be really good with Bar camps. Attended IGF session. Since one of the speakers could not make it, I jumped in and took her spot on the panel. Congrats to the new board of PPEU.
- I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day. All systems are running fine.
5.1 - Proposals
- GA Discussion
- We made the decision to go with Mumble, because we were not able to find a video conferencing tool that would support all of the delegates and would stay in line with our values.
- Everyone needs to be made aware though that they are being streamed and recorded for eternity.
- Streaming to Youtube
- Possible to stream the mumble picture and sound.
- We can also stream the Mumble server, so we can show on the screen who is talking.
- Decision that we will stream the Mumble window to Youtube. The only issue is that there is some synchronization delay. If we stick to Mumble there is no problem, but it is not interacting with Mumble exactly.
- If anyone needs instructions, we are going to meet in the Mumble at the tab called international GA.
- Carlos adds a question about discussion about the following proposal for the GA discourse:
- The GA starts at 10 am European time.
- Do we want to invite a keynote or someone to speak on the second day?
- We discussed different people we would like to invite to speak.
- We hope to have time for open discussion at the end too.
- The Budget: We need to elect people and solve the budget. These are the main two things.
- The budget needs to be added to the agenda, perhaps right after the first break.
- We should meet up and put together a budget.
- Lay Auditors Report
- We need to plan for the audit. Pat is the lay auditor, so we should plan some time with him on Friday or Saturday.
- We publish all of our financial data in the Wiki, so the lay auditor can document everything in the Wiki. If we need paperwork, we can prepare that. We can do that online, in the treasurer's view.
- We should point out to the lay auditors that the wiki has been updated. We can ask the lay auditors today. If they have questions they should come now.
- Link for a draft pad to help us start writing our budget:
- Our Board Report.
- Bailey has a lot that she wants to write in there. She plans to do this soon.
- The following is a draft pad for us to share ideas for the board report.
- List of delegates.
- We have not had a lot of emails about the delegates.
- We need to organize a list that maps our delegates.
- Gregory will set up the voting tally, and he will send it to us in a side channel. We can use that to set up the private delegates list to plan who to contact.
- Dario asked about the voting tool. We mentioned that we were concerned, because we don't have a list of delegates and things to vote on. He says it is really easy to set up and it can be set up fast. He says it won't be a problem, and it is quick and easy to set up people with tokens. Since we don't have a lot of voting, if it fails we can go back to voting on the mumble channels.
- We need minute takers, two tabulators. The chair can't do everything.
5.2 - Working Groups Update
We need a SCUBA Meeting in december to plan the year 2021 We will have a SCULL and SCENE in January 2021
5.3 Economic Update
- PayPal is set to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also on the website: https://pp-international.net/join-in/application-for-individual-membership/
- We have now a donation page on our website: https://pp-international.net/donations/
- Affiliation Fees
- Kraken Key BTL Issue
- Account trustees
Please note that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, all meetings, conferences and other events are suspended at the Palais des Nations until further notice. https://www.unog.ch/80256EE600583A0B/(httpPages)/C34532852241E58CC125815D003660AF?OpenDocument
- WTO Conference that is delayed till next year.
EURODIG call for issues closes december 6th https://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/planning-process/#tab-call-for-issues
6 AOB - Any other business
- Pirate Beer Complaint
- Bailey responded to Sebastian who filed a complaint and she also advised the other party. There should be an investigation of about 2 weeks.
- There was an issue of inappropriate communication.
- We should take the issue seriously.
- These types of events may have the potential to be used in the wrong way.
- We should consider the setting where Pirate beers happen. Should we do bar camps instead.
- There are different things we can do. Pirate beer overall is still a very good thing. We need to think about moving forward about how do we prevent these issues.
- We have Pirate beer scheduled for this Friday.
- We can make people more aware that the behavior is problematic.
- This is the last meeting of the board as this board. Some of us are up for reelection, and hopefully those of us who want to be reelected will be.
- Next Meeting: GA is on December 5th and Sunday, December 6th @10 am CET
- Meeting Closed: 15:36